NRE Undergraduate Program
The Woodruff School graduates high caliber nuclear and radiological engineers for a demanding profession. Nuclear and radiological engineers are concerned with the production and application of nuclear energy, the protection from radiation and the applications of radiation in medicine and industry. To do so, we provide enhanced facilities and laboratories to create the best learning environment and we attract outstanding faculty and students.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus Update, 3/19/2020)
With the campus changes Georgia Tech has enacted for COVID-19, please know that your academic advisors are still be available remotely to reply to emails, handle registration issues, schedule video/phone advising meetings, and sign forms. To accommodate this, we are asking students to use these process and procedures until further notice.
- We have appointments available Monday through Friday from 8:30-12 and 1-4. Walk-in advising is temporarily suspended.
- Schedule an appointment as usual through GradesFirst.
- Your advisor will then send you a BlueJeans link to have a video or phone advising appointment.
- All documents and forms that you want to share with your advisor should be uploaded in the new ME/NRE Advising Canvas Site.
- US News & World Report Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (top degree is PhD): Ranked #3 in 2019
- Corporate Recruiters Ranking for Engineering by the Wall Street Journal: Georgia Tech Ranked #1
- Smart Money Magazine’s Public Universities for Payback of a College Degree: Georgia Tech Ranked #4
The Nuclear and Radiological Engineering program within the Woodruff School offers a Bachelors of Science in Nuclear and Radiological Engineering
The BS in Nuclear and Radiological Engineering has one optional degree designator; the co-operative plan. In addition, undergraduate students can participate in undergraduate research, study abroad, work abroad, internships, co-operative work assignments and the BS/MS program.
NRE and ME Office of Student Services
Office Hours: 8 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 5 pm, Monday – Friday
Location: MRDC room 3112