All nuclear and radiological engineering students have two advisors, an academic advisor and a faculty advisor.
Undergraduate Advising Purpose
- Our mission is to support and inspire the development of Woodruff School undergraduate students.
- Our vision is that undergraduate academic advising in the Woodruff School will actively engage students in their educational experience so they can become independent, life-long learners who are innovative and contributing members in their larger community.
Undergraduate Advising Process
- We encourage all students to visit or contact us at any time with questions, concerns or problems.
- We require academic advisement for the following groups of students:
- First-Year Freshman: Must attend a group advising session in the fall semester
- First-Year Freshman: Must meet with their advisor in the spring to discuss the first-year advising worksheet
- Students taking NRE 3301: Must meet with their advisor to dicuss the sophomore advising worksheet
- Probation or Warning Standing: Must meet with their advisor to discuss the academic standing worksheet
Your academic advisor is available to help with class scheduling, class planning and institute rules and regulations.
- Find an advisor in a different department here.
- All advisors are located in MRDC room 3112. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map.
- We take appointments on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Wednesdays are walk-in advising only (no appointments) from 8-12 and 1-4 PM.
Lenna Applebee - Advises NRE students with last names starting with A - C.
Schedule an appointment with Lenna.
Laura Dawson - Advises NRE students with last names starting with D - J.
Schedule an appointment with Laura.
Amy Strachota - Advises NRE students with last names starting with K - M.
Schedule an appointment with Amy.
Kristi Mehaffey - Advises NRE students with last names starting with N - R.
Schedule an appointment with Kristi.
Kendra Denmark - Advises NRE students with last names starting with S - Z.
Schedule an appointment with Kendra.
Faculty advisors are available to help with career planning, research opportunities, technical electives and graduate school. Faculty advisors are assigned by the first letter of your last name.
|A||Dr. Anna Erickson|
|B||Dr. Said Abdel-Khalik|
|C||Dr. Anna Erickson|
|D-F||Dr. Chaitanya Deo|
|G-I||Dr. Nolan Hertel|
|J-L||Dr. Bojan Petrovic|
|M-Mn||Dr. Farzad Rahnema|
|Mn-N||Dr. Anna Erickson|
|O-R||Dr. Lei Zhu|
|S-T||Dr. Weston Stacey|
|U-Z||Dr. Chris Wang|
|B.S./M.S. NRE Student||Dr. Nolan Hertel|